Tuesday, May 12, 2015

End of the School Year Teacher Gifts

It's so close to the end of the year and I really didn't do a lot for my daughters teachers this year. Mainly because it's kind of hard with a baby, but I have an awesome husband that I'm so grateful for his new job. We get to see him so much more now then before, he practically missed out on the first year of our second daughter life. So on to this gift I made for my daughter math teacher, I used some recycled items that I had around the house, a Gerber Learn to Pick Up Snack tin 1.48oz (42g) and 3 TP rolls they are the perfect height no cutting needed. I also used Magnolia Autumn Tilda with Pencils from the Turning Leaves 2012 collection. I just feel in love with this paper I bought at Hobby Lobby from Kirby Teesdale Studio pack just sooo many beautiful papers. I then distressed the edges with pumice stone.
I used my adobe software and created the math problems, just printed out these and then used my spellbinders LG Deckled Rectangles to cut them out to look like little flash cards. Then I distressed the cards using antique linen and vintage photo on the edges. I used The Paper Studio Spare Parts Brights and assorted flowers from the stems that I got at Hobby Lobby and took them apart and created new flowers.
For this side I used the digital image from Create with TLC its a beautiful sentiment that I thought would just work so lovely with this project. I stamped the border with Stampabilities Ornate Frame 02 also found this at Hobby Lobby stamped it with ink from Stampin Up! Eggplant Envy beautiful color but if you don't have it you could use distress ink aged mahogany they are very similar in color. I also used archival pins to trace the writing over because when you distress over printed papers and inks they ten to bleed out a little. This is the down fall that I have I encountered when using print outs. The little Owl button is from Sew-Ology found in the sewing department at Hobby Lobby and I just cut out a small yellow beak to add to it. The ruler stamp is stamped with Stampin Up! Chocolate chip from Tim Holtz collection Seamless Experience stampers anonymous. It worked so great with this project, I used the same distressed inks used on the flash cards.
For Tilda I started with a Prisma Color Tuscan Red but I didn't like it to well to me it was just too dark so I then used a brush and water and colored her dress in with distress ink aged mahogany and perfect pearls mist forever red. I used copics for the rest of her. I then cut her out and layered her on a lavender card stack of paper and used 3m tape to give her dimension.

I had so much fun making this project I just loved this new paper I got at the Hobby Lobby this week. It was so fun to make and I am so looking forward to gifting it the last day of school.
Supplies used in my card:
Inks: Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone
Stampin Up: Chocolate chip, Eggplant Envy
Memento tuxedo black
Stamps: Magnolia Autumn Tilda with Pencils from the Turning Leaves 2012, and digital image from Create with TLC
Embellishments: The Paper Studio Spare Parts Brights
Markers: prisms colors: Tuscan Red
Copics: C5, C3, E00, E31, E50, E53, BV00, BV02, Y08, Y21, Y26, Y38, YG03, YR61, G82, RV11

1 comments:

Andria said...

Congratulations on your new addition ��. I'm loving this, perfect gift for a teacher x