Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pieces Tilda just for fun

This project I did for my daughter and it was really just a quickie put together. The other night when I had my Magnolia Doohickey's out she minchined to me that the Poinsetta flower die looked like a star fish. I started to think about it and she is totally right it very well could be. So I wanted to play with my watercolor pencils that I am now totally hooked on. I thought why not do something for my daughter as a sweet surprise. 
So I started to coloring the Pisces tilda from the zodiac collection and let the imagination flow. I missed out on the doohickey club vol. 1 so I really was stretching for ideas. Well these little leaves could look like coral or maybe sea weed if I emboss them with the folders. 
I used gold perfect pear mist on the star fish and one of the Doohickey dies from the Oh La La collection vol. 3. The other dies are Spellbinder Triple Tear, and the seahorse is from My Momenta Lot 005177 Sea. I found the seahorse at hobby lobby on clearance one day when I was out shopping and at the time just had to get it. Comes with the embossing to match the cut.
I used lots of destress ink pads and cuttlebug, sizzix embossing folders. I used a Stempelglede stamp that I embossed and then distressed over. Came out pretty cute.

supplies:
Distress markers: dried marigold, tumbled glass, weathered wood, squeezed lemonade, antique linen, spun sugar, milled lavender, shabby shutters
Derwent color pencils: Brown ochre 57, Golden brown 59, Deep Cadmium 6, Rose pink 18, Deep vermilion 14, Light Violet 26, Gunmetal 69, Olive Green 51, Kingfisher Blue 38, Spectrum Blue 32
Also used white Gelly Roll 08
Magnolia doohickey club dies: art attack supplies http://artattacksupplies.com
Stamp: http://www.midwestscrapbook.com/zodiac-stamp-3-75x6-5-package-pisces-tilda/?utm_source=instocknotify&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=instocknotify

0 comments: