Tuesday, April 21, 2015

My April Card Challenge

So here is my April Card Challenge that I set for myself this month the theme I went with was music because of the swap that I am doing on I Love Rubber Stamping on Yahoo Groups. It took a while to make it and get it ready for the swap but I am pretty happy with the out come. I used a lot of different things here and it took a while to get the trial and error down before I got to this point on this card.

When I started this project I thought I would do the mask layering like I usually do by Stamping my main image cutting out a scrap and masking that one out to stamp the other and so on. It failed many times and I was getting tired of trying to figure out what was wrong so I stepped away and went on to bed. The next day I sat down and reevaluated what I was doing wrong because it was time to change this thought. I came up with the pop up look on here using the 3m tape and that worked out so much better. It worked out so well I was able to use Perfect Pearls mist to spray on the heart and give it a more shimmer look. I masked out the surrounding and used Stamping up Ink to blind in the heart with a pink color, and used my scraps to add more music notes behind the piano. I colored Tilda and the piano with copics. (I lost my paper I wrote all of them on.) I used a Stampin up die, spellbinder and my cricut cutter to cut out the card and banner.

This card was supper fun to make, it was great to work on something I enjoyed doing and directed my thoughts to something I want to do, kind of gave me my insanity back a little after being a mom's taxi and having to deal with a 1 year old all day.

Supplies Used
Cuts: Triple Tear Spellbinder, Sizzix Stampin up Bigz top note, Cricut: Cindy Loo and Give a Hoot
Stamps: Magnolia: Noble Tilda & Grand PIano from Raising the Ceiling 2010, Tim Holtz  stampers anonymous collection, Stams Happen, Ink 70049 The magic of music
Extra Elements: His & hers studio floral, perfict pearls powders and mist,  distressed ink, memento ink, and lace, and 3m tape

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving this card! The shape is really cool and I love the banner, flower, and bling.

Karen said...

Very beautiful!!